Macmillan Booksellers Professional Development Scholarships for regional Fall Trade Shows
The Binc Foundation in partnership with Macmillan Publishers hopes to strengthen the industry by encouraging a greater number of individuals from underrepresented groups to choose and/or continue careers in bookselling. This program will provide up to one scholarship for diverse booksellers to attend each of the fall regional trade shows.
If you are a bookseller interested in applying for a $500 scholarship to attend your regional fall trade show, please read the criteria below:
1. Applicants must fall into one of the following categories
a. People of color, defined as people of African/African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Latin American, Middle Eastern, or Native American/Indigenous decent
b. People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer
c. People with disabilities (includes but is not limited to physical, sensory, cognitive, intellectual, or developmental disabilities, chronic conditions, and mental illnesses)
2. Applicant’s store must be a member of one of the regional Independent Bookseller Association organizations.
3. Applicant must be a regular part-time or full-time employee of the bookstore.
4. Applicant must have 90 days of continuous employment with the bookstore.
5. Applications must be received by Sunday, July 1, 2018.